Welcome to the Leadership NOW! Housing Programme
More needs to be done to accelerate greater leadership diversity. Actions and not just words are important to us. Together, UNIFY and GatenbySanderson, have developed a programme of bespoke initiatives, workshops and profiling development tools to accelerate learning; for new, aspiring and existing leaders, this programme will aid personal and professional development.
UNIFY and GatenbySanderson are focused on making the change the social housing sector is striving for and improving career opportunities for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff at all levels. Our aim is to support developing leaders and highlight opportunities for career progression across the social housing sector. Our partnership will create a safe space to support current and future ethnically diverse leaders to achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
Successful leaders need clear insight into their core competencies, capabilities and their personal strengths and potential growth areas. Our tailormade leadership interventions are built on research from our ‘Future Leaders in Housing workshops’, conversations with CEOs and Chairs across the social housing sector, and feedback from previous participants. For new, aspiring and existing leaders, these modules will aid personal and professional development.
What does the Leadership NOW! programme involve?
The programme, certified by the CPD Certification Service, involves a series of bespoke workshops, one-to-one coaching, peer conversations and personality profiling spread across eight months. You will also have access to a private networking area for alumni, current participants, mentors and UNIFY members.
For further details on the programme, please take a look at the ‘Programme Details’ tab.
Who is the programme for?
The programme offers a range of workshops and sessions aimed at all current and aspiring leaders from ethnic minority backgrounds including those no leadership experience. The different elements of the programme have been designed to appeal to all levels, providing insight in different ways depending on your level and experience.
Benefits of the programme
Following the completion of the Leadership NOW! programme you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the recruitment process, how to market yourself and your profile, as well as how create impactful job applications
- Develop more confidence to apply for new roles and take on more responsibility
- Have a clear idea of what leadership means, to you and others
- Understand your unique strengths and growth areas allowing you to maximise your leadership potential
- Understand your own leadership purpose and how to use your unique leadership skills to influence, motivate, inspire and challenge others
- Better understand the requirements and challenges ahead for leaders within the housing sector
- Increase your network of like-minded peers, leadership experts and recruiters who can provide continued advice and support to you throughout your career.
The inaugural programme launched in 2020 with 41 participants successfully completing the programme. Feedback from participants was incredibly positive, testimonials of which you will see throughout the following pages.
We would like to thank all the below housing associations for their commitment in supporting participants through the programme.